Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chic Fila Run In

So, I have to brag on my Caden. Some of you may be thinking, isn't that what you do on this each and every blog...well, yes, but you never really know if you have a good kid until you are put into a situation like we were the other evening.

Heath had some friends over for dominos so me and the boys went to Chic Fila to eat and play. There was a parentally challenged little boy there with his father who wasn't completely with it...The father was talking to himself and generally acting a little crazy. Anyway, the little boy was lacking inherent social skills of a normal 3-4 year old. He was annoying some older girls who didn't want to play with him and so they left which left this boy and my two in the play area. He started chasing Caden and hitting him on the back saying "You're tagged". Caden kind of enjoyed it and was playing around...letting him catch him and hiding. I thought, how sweet, cause I could tell Caden knew the boy was different and he was sort of letting him catch him...Then while going up the ladder the boy grabbed Caden by the shirt and pulled him back really hard. Caden looked at him and said, I don't want to play that game anymore. The boy spit in Caden's face. I jumped up and said, No, No. The father finally clued in and said, NO, that is naughty. (I don't think he even knew what happened). Caden didn't cry but said, I want to go home...I was desperately searching for soap and trying to clean him up while the other man just stared at me. I said, No, We aren't leaving...this boy is leaving b/c he spit on you. The man grabbed his kid and left. We enjoyed the rest of our time at the playground.

Okay, so I was proud at Caden for not losing his cool and retaliating at the boy and for not balling when he spit in his face. When the boy left, Caden said, that boy needs to go timeout. I said, so does his Dad!!

Anyway, Caden sort of made up for it the next day because he revealed a surprise after we picked him up from Ms Leslies. He had acquired 5 little dinosaurs from The Land Before Time. He was giving them to me and Heath as a surprise. I said, does Ms Leslie know you have these? He goes, Yep. I said, Let's call her and he looked at me and said, No we can't call her. He then admitted he'd borrowed them without asking and we explained that was called stealing. He returned them to Ms Leslie's immediately and told her he was sorry for stealing her dinosaurs.

I think Caden and I learned a few valuable lessons this week.

No comments:

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site