Friday, September 5, 2008

Bring your kids to work day (Unofficial)

So, I am 3-5 weeks away from having three small children. I decided to take the boys to work with me today since my nanny was on vacation this week and my mother in law needed some must needed rest. Fridays are a half day and well, not very productive anyway...

So we loaded up with a few toys and movies and headed to Greenway. On the way, Caden started crying and I said, what is the matter? He goes, "I don't want to go to work, I just want to stay home today". I said, I know Buddy, probably every single person on the road is saying that same thing today. Then I explained grown ups have to work so that they can pay for the house and cars and food. I am really trying to stress the importance of money and what it means to Caden since he's so into material toys right now. He gets into so much trouble for asking for things ALL THE TIME!!!!

Anyway, they had a blast, riding the escalator, elevator, and seeing the model rigs and pictures of rigs, which they thought were pirate ships. They were relatively good boys, considering they were somewhere not meant for a two and four year old. Logan jumped off the side of an office chair and busted his forehead...now everyone believes me when I talk about how physical this child is. I think I've grown somewhat immune to his stunts...I laugh when I see other peoples shocked reactions.


I think the majority of people, thought...how in the world is that girl pregnant again. But now, many understand why I do work. I just read blogs of three friends talking about how their decision to work has effected their families one way or another...for us, I've had both, 3 years at home, 2 years working. I loved being home with my infant child, but I am a better mother if I work while I have toddlers. Coming home from the hospital with one infant and staying home to meet their needs is so important and wonderful...However, when you have a four year old and a two year old with such different needs...for us, this works the best.

Here are a few pictures of the boys hard at work.





Caden and one of his many ship drawings, maybe he'll design oil rigs one day...



On the way home, Logan fell asleep before we got out of the parking garage and I asked Caden, what was the best part of work today...he said, all of mommies friends, the huge boards to draw on in marker, the pirate ships everywhere and that mans fish tank.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love the fact that they think the rigs are pirate ships! ha ha!

You are in my prayers during this last month - the countdown is on!!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site