Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday (Party) Caden and Presley

As many know, Presley has the same due date Caden had. October 12th, which happens to also be Heath's dad's birthday. Luckily Caden was born on the 6th and I am hoping Presley arrives even sooner as I have hit the...I'm going crazy...part of the 3rd trimester. I think pregnancy should only be 36 weeks long. It's just cruel to tell someone, hey, if you go into labor everything will be fine...but every little bit inside helps! What? No it doesn't, get this baby out as soon as she is ready...

Anyway, our friends, family and neighbors came over for a family style baby shower. Krystal and Leslie were fantastic hostesses and the generousity, creativity, and thoughtfulness of our friends is overwhelming. I thought registering for my 3rd baby was easy...I knew what I needed...but I got so many items that made me say -- oh my gosh, I didn't even think of that. Many items that were ordered or made for Presley that matched her nursery. I am just so excited.

Presley's Posse -- Riley and Addy are waiting for her to arrive!



We had lots of help opening gifts...


Saturday was Caden's turn. We have been talking to him about his "birthday" since we found out we were pregnant in January. We thought it would be so cool to say, Guess what for your birthday you will get a new baby...Except all Caden heard was BIRTHDAY...it's been a long 9 months and I decided to throw his party a few weeks early as to try and keep things as simple as possible with a new baby on the way.

It was a great party and Caden had a wonderful time. We did a pirate theme and Caden dressed as Captain Hook and Logan as Peter Pan (as long as the weather permitted). We have a wonderful group of neighborhood kids that seem to really enjoy themselves together. It's nice to be surrounded by so many people at the same stage in life as we are. I think there are 5 or 6 kids that live within 4 or 5 houses that will start kindergarten the same year as Logan...which will be alot of fun. Anyway, Heath and Aunt Jen successfully turned the playground into a Pirate Ship and we even had a treasure hunt for goodies bags!



Caden busted trying to preview his gifts...tries to change the subject...

















Caden and Brayden getting a game plan for the treasure hunt...




























Logan and Cousin Madi


Logan and his pirate tats...





Treasure Map:



We did trick candles, so this is Caden's attempt to keep blowing them out.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Seriously- you have the cutest boys out there! I can't wait to see Miss Presley!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site