Saturday, July 19, 2008

Love Languages

I remember when I was pregnant with Logan -- I was so worried about how everything would affect Caden's world. Would he be okay, would I have time for him too, who would watch him when I went into labor...Would I even love the new baby as much as I loved Caden. Everyone who has had a child probably feels this way...especially because the love of your first child can be so consuming...to think you can have it again doesn't seem conceivable. Then there was Logan...










So, now I find myself pregnant again...wondering is Logan going to be okay, will I have enough time for him, who will watch him/put him to sleep/etc. Caden 100% understands this pregnancy...he knows that it's a girl and she lives in my stomach and in October she'll come out and live with us for good. Logan will answer a baby is in mommy's belly but he also thinks one lives within his belly...He knows her name is Presley, that her room is pink and brown...but man, he hasn't a clue.

I've always known Caden was very independent. When he'd fall as a toddler, he'd go to anyone, he never had any problems having someone else feed him, put him to bed, etc.




Logan is not independent. He is a momma's boy through and through. He needs a chunk of my hair to fall asleep and when I first returned to work, he wouldn't eat at the daycare for several weeks. His Nana had to pick him up at noon until he got over his depression. So, I am scared to death. I know I'll love Presley, as much as the boys and in her very own way. However, where is she going to go? I only have two hands, two sides, Logan won't let her take his spot and I am sure Caden will be fine sharing...but it's just sometimes overwhelming...will all 3 know how much I love them equally?




Love Languages...I learned about this through Church. There are five basic love languages and once you learn someones, you can show your love for them through their love language. I won't bore you with mine and Heath's but will share with you the boys. Caden's is hands down Gifts. Now, everyone knows that Caden has an OCD personality and has always been a collector of toys...but any gift makes his day. A chocolate rice krispie treat, or one time I got him an eraser, anything that you gift to him...really makes his day brighter. He often draws me pictures or gives me a toy of his...I know this is Caden saying, I love you! Also probably explains why Christmas means so much to him. And honestly he LOVES giving gifts as much as receiving (okay, almost as much, but he's 4).

Logan's love language is physical touch. He's played with my hair since he was 4 months old. He nursed for a year and has to have his hands on some other person while he sleeps. I will let him fall asleep holding onto my neck (he has to make sure that he can feel my breath on him too..he'll literally move my chin until I am where he wants me). Once asleep I'll replace myself with Caden...he usually doesn't even notice, as long as he is touching someone. Also, the amount of kisses I receive from this boy in one day is breathtaking. I am not a kissing person...except of course, with my boys...He gets it from his daddy...and why I think he'll be such a ladies man.

Anyway, I know I'll look back on this blog after my baby girl arrives and laugh...and I don't stress over it at all...it's just right now she's not here...and I can't imagine having to put Logan down...not yet!

No comments:

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site