Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday America and Mama Sue!

We took our (somewhat) annual trip to Fort Worth for the Fourth of July, my Mom's birthday is Monday the 7th...she turns 60, since she had me when she was 30...my self centered self is focused on the fact that I am turning 30. I figure by the time you turn 60 -- you realize you are older...30, that is the beginning of getting old and it's harder on me than her! Well, that is how I rationalize it.

We made the trip on Thursday evening and the boys slept and watched movies. Caden only asked how much longer 15 times...Heath kept count.

Friday my Aunt had the entire family (which is considerably larger than ever before) over for swimming and bbq. My nephew Brayden took his floaties off and I pulled him out of the bottom of the hot tub...he was scared but fine. I only put this on here to remind everyone the importance of never taking your eyes of kids in a swimming pool. Brayden is turning 3 next month and he looks like he could be 5 so sometimes his abilities are deceiving...it scared everyone pretty bad, especially Bray and Aunt Roni!

The boys (Dads) all enjoyed doing fireworks and we were pretty sure they enjoyed it more than the kids...Logan was surprisingly brave...in part becuase the show fireworks on Disney World Live video and since Mickey is okay with it, I guess he figured he was too! I don't have pictures of Friday because I forgot my camera in my car.

Saturday we went to my Dad's and had the four grandchildren together. Gma Laurie bought the boys bubbles and finger paints...what started off innocently enough...



Turned into:





Sunday we had everyone over at my Mom's and Heath and Nick worked on Mama Sue's yard. They did stone borders and mulch and flowers. Happy 60th Mama Sue!!!




I got lots of Madi Jo time -- so did Logan. I cannot wait until mine is here!! Madi is a fantastic baby -- very easy and sleeps really well. Robbie and Jennifer had there hands full with Brayden as a baby with colic and acid reflux, etc...so they were pleasantly surprised to have an 'easy' baby.






Bray, Cade and Logan played really well together and bond more and more every time they get together. Logan especially enjoyed all the Ladies: Madi, Aunt Jen's sister Katie, Jen's Mom and Aunt Jen. He's such a Ladies Man!



Nick is coming home with us...starting his new job on Tuesday...after the weekend of helping with the boys...I am not sure Heath and I will ever let him move out!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh man -you are such a good "mom boy" I would have been feaking out with that paint everywhere! ha ha!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site