Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No, Caden, It's not your birthday YET!

Okay, so my four year old is obsessed with collecting toys. He is more into getting a collection of stuff than he is with actually playing with it. It was fine when it was the less expensive Thomas toys, Cars, McDonald's Shrek toys, Tom & Jerry, Mickey Mouse, etc...but now he knows the difference between die cast and wooden, doesn't except the fact that he can't get a $20 wooden train because he already has the exact same $5 metal one...it just doesn't make sense to him. I also notice that as he is getting older, he dreams up stuff to want, no more just wanting what he sees at the store.

We pulled out old Disney movies that the boys hadn't watched in awhile. Logan is gaining a love for movies...Finding Nemo was one and Caden wants to collect all the characters...not just Nemo and Dora -- the ENTIRE CAST. He wants the sting ray teacher, the human that kidnaps Nemo, everyone. Thank goodness for EBAY, or damn EBAY, not sure which one. I go out searching for it...no, my kids aren't spoiled...but if I don't find what he has envisioned...he will wart me until the days end. He has a way with that...or he'll make me draw the characters and cut them out so he can have a visual aid for the toy he wants. So I give in...Yes,I've created a monster. Anyway, he understand online ordering...thinks you can find a picture of anything on Mommy's computer put your arrow on it and then the mail carrier brings it. He calls the mailman a mail carrier...I think that is from a movie as well. Anyway, I ordered the exact figure set he wanted off EBAY last night; the entire collection was $2.50...shipping was $7.00. That should be illegal.

Anyway, so now I will get to check the mail with much anticipation all week. He also asks me if it's been 7 to 10 days since we ordered the toy on our computer and what he's doing each day until the toy gets here...Leslies for 2 days, Waterpark on Sat, Church on Sun, then the toy!

And don't make the mistake of telling a four year old you'll get it for his birthday which happens to be in 4 months. That is like telling someone they'll get a raise in two years. It's just cruel.

So, for now, Nemo...I guess I'll be in trouble when he's 16 and wants to start a car collection...


No comments:

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site