Monday, July 6, 2009

Nebraska Trip

Last weekend the kids and I (with the help of Uncle Nick) traveled 18 hours to Nebraska for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. I was born in Nebraska and have some very fond memories of the farm and of my wonderful grandparents.

I did not anticipate how much Caden would fall in love with Nebraska, the farm and my grandparents. Before we left he said, I wish Jesus would let us live in Nebraska...which coincidently made my Grandpa smile pretty big!!!

The kids did great and with just a few minor mishaps along the way (presley had a MAJOR blowout in Nick's BRAND new truck...and I am not exagerating when I say MAJOR...we have a carseat on the side of the highway in Oklahoma...Thank goodness that even po dunk towns have Wal Mart!!)

On our way...





Since this was the view most of the way...


we found other ways to entertains ourselves like making fun of sissy...



Now when we were kids we'd make this trip in the back of a pickup truck with a camper and an air up mattress...so yes, they have dvd's now...but I would of so preferred throwing the boys in the bed of the truck if I thought it would pass law inspection!!

Presley and her favorite cousin Madi!


Those that know Heath know that he is ridiculously scared of frogs...Caden's words exactly...Take a picture, for Daddy (He is so his Daddy's son!)




Little Grandma and Presley



Bull Riding practice...Logan liked to stick his tongue out at the bulls...such a tough guy!!!


Uncle Kenny and Presley






Okay, so this kitten almost made the trip home with us...Caden fell in love with her...I felt sorry for the kitten and then on Saturday she was missing...hmmm, I think she felt safer in the woods...than in the hands of a five year old. Needless to say we now own a sweet stuffed kitten who Caden feeds a bottle too each and every day. TOTALLY worth not having to get a real kitten!
Disclaimer...For those of you who don't know...Caden doesn't have a lazy eye...for some reason whenever he is posing for a picture he rolls his eyes up...he's always done it in a very comical way...but as he's aged...it's almost become a nervous habit he can't resist...So, my child proves true the old wives tale...if you keep making that face it'll stick...IT'S SO TRUE!!!

My grandparents had 6 children, who each had 2-6 children who many now have little ones...since all but 3 great grandchildren were on the farm someone thought it would be a great idea to get all the great grandkids on the couch together for a photo op wtih the happy couple...we all began to sing a lullaby and the screaming began...we were all laughing so hard we couldn't even take proper photos...even Grandma was in tears...






Logan has a special place in my uncle Ron's heart...as he was able to get him on a horse (Logan is very scared of all animals...) Good job Uncle Ron!



Yes, my daughter is on a horse in her diaper... she had another blowout...
More photos to come...since my camera broke I have to get some other shots from the weekend from family.

Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

No comments:

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site