Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving came and went.  To be honest, I am glad it's over.  We normally spent it with my Mom so I was sort of feeling the blues.  Its funny on these holidays -- it's not so much the actual day but the whole leading up to it that is difficult.  Actually, just last year we celebrated Thanksgiving at my moms house and she hosted the entire family.  Just one short year ago...http://www.cadenloganpresley.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

Boys got to go hunting with Daddy over the break.  They were pretty pumped.


 Logan fell asleep standing up...he is so funny - when he's out - he is out!
 Presley and I were able to attend the boys Thankful parties at school.  Caden didn't pay too much attention to us being there so I didn't get too many pictures of him.  He's too cool for us.

 Logan was excited to see us!  Can't ya tell?


 On Wednesday, I made a trip to my mom's gravesite in Corsicana (3 hour drive one way) and my dear friend Rachel volunteered to ride with me.  Rachel also lost her mom and has been a very great friend to me over the past year.  Anyway, she didn't know my Mom well so I was very excited to "introduce her" to my mom.

Sadly my grandparents house (the house my mom was raised in) was demolished just weeks earlier.  However the mailbox stood proudly.

 Front yard tree...
 Tree around the back

So as we were going to leave, Rachel says - Roni, you have to get that mailbox...so we proceed to borrow shovels from the nieghbor and dig three feet down to get my grandparents mailbox!  The address stands proud and you can still make out the name on the top when you look up close.  I am scouring pinterest looking for ideas to fix it up and reuse it -- but welcome any ideas!

On thanksgiving this year we celebrated with Heath's parents and his grandfather, Poppy!

Poppy sure enjoyed Presley!



 And thought the boys were cool too...
Four generations....

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!  I hope you all were able to really enjoy the company of friends and family. 

1 comment:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

You could use the mailbox as a birdhouse. Hang it somewhere in your back yard, so you always can look at it!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site