Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It doesn't get easier, just different

When your mom dies, people offer so many words of comfort and love.  Nothing can bring my mom back...but people's loving gestures have certainly carried me through the last 10 days.  My beautiful friends have created a care calendar to provide meals three days a week for a month, so many well wishes and prayers through email, letters, cards, calls, texts.  It's amazing how many people my mom touched. 

My husband, Heath, who hurts with me has been my rock...as always.  Picking up my slack with the kids and just being understanding about all of the weird things I am doing right now to stay sane. 

My amazing friends old and new.  So many faces at my moms funeral from my childhood.  This just amazed me.  I love you guys so much, Kim, Courtney, Misty, Kendra, Monica, and Angela.  Jana, who came from Houston and cried with me on the phone for hours.  Rachel, who has been down this awful  road before, knowing all too well my pain has been such an inspiration.  Abby, who has taken over my Thirty One business.  My team at work...who have all put in extra hours and time so that I can be out for two weeks to mourn my mom.  I am just in awe at how good people are.

I have set up a Memorial Site to honor my mom:  http://www.karensuehoffman.blogspot.com/ please send posts to hrclsechrist@yahoo.com

Last, if there is something on your mind today that want to do, somewhere you want to go, or someone you want to see...don't put it off until tomorrow, because tomorrow might not be what you planned it to be.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

You are amazingly strong but I also pray for Heath and your local friends to hold you up when needed, because there will be many, many days when you need each of them. Know that I am still crying with you and although many miles away, I'm only a phone call away at ANY time. I may be wrong but I think talking about her and just how hard it is will help you get through each day. I'm all ears...vent and be angry, cry and be sad, or just talk about anything else to get away (you kids-dogs, my kid-dog, old times)...you name it. I miss you and love you and continue to pray for you.

kristinkfitness said...

I can't wait to see yall this weekend and spend time together! I'm still just so unbelievably sorry and sad for you and we're here for yall always!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site