Monday, February 20, 2012

This & That

 Logan celebrated 100 days at school...he wanted to decorate with footballs but we could only find 25, so we had to add 75 stars...I told him he was a star football player and he was okay with that.

 Presley got invited to her first princess dress up party.  She was very emotional though because she doesn't like her Ariel dress but of course she wanted to be ariel (Ariels dress is itchy)...so mommy improvised and reminded her of when Ariel marries Eric she is wearing a white dress -- we found this dress in her trunk and bingo we had a winner....so introducing, Presley as Ariel, The Bride.


 Logan, the coolest kid I know...


 Celia (birthday girl from above mentioned party), also daughter of very good friends of Heath and mine....slept over one night -- the girls had a BLAST!



Nick has taken Daisy for a while and my Dad Hank....to give them a better quality of life and us a much needed break...with two full time jobs, Grad school, Church activities, school and baseball....the dogs were being neglected.  It was bitter sweet day for us - we met at Mom's grave site, Daisy's first visit....it was neat seeing her explore it.  I know she misses her mama too.




 Beautiful stone my aunt put at my moms feet...



 With Mama & Papa
 This picture is very meaningful, captures the age of my boys when we began mourning the loss of my mom as well as continue to mourn Mama & Papa.  Generations -- life is so short.  I can't believe that Mama died when I was 8 months pregnant with Caden....and Papa when I was 8 months pregnant with Presley.

On the way to the cemetery - Logan said, Mom please don't cry.  I held it together.  The boys planted seeds around mom - they are excited to see if they grow.  We also planted a hibiscus.  I'm not a fan of all the "fake" flowers at a cemetery but I guess it's better than having dead flowers there.

Baseball is in full force - I'll update pictures soon....Caden has come back FULL FORCE this year and we are very excited!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Such sweet photos. I'm so proud of you for holding it together-your strength always amazes me. Love ya girl! Love P in her dress!

Followers

Thirty One

Thirty One
Click on the Picture to enter my site